Sunday 19 August 2007

Time's a wasting

I'm starting to lose my cool, whatever cool I had anyway. I've spent nearly two solid days researching equipment on the internet. I've realised we only have 5 days before we catch the ferry to Amsterdam and we still don't have enough panniers (bike bags) and bike racks.

Helmets, waterproof pants (trousers! I meant trousers!), chemical ice-packs (for that inevitable injury), these we can technically sort out along the way but without bags to put stuff in then we're stuck with our hands full of random but essential items plus two bikes to maneuver.

P2 is naturally taking all of this in her stride, sleeping in as we speak, not in the least bit worried about the unreliability of ebay and Royal Mail. Surely these things will just work themselves out.

Perhaps she has a point. Meanwhile it's in my nature to prepare for the time when chaos act in our favour and when it doesn't.

No comments: